September 18, 2018, Halifax, Nova Scotia – Digital transformation of gateway ports, supply chains and the ocean sector will be a key theme of discussion during Halifax Port Days 2018.
Featured speakers this year include Halifax Mayor Mike Savage, Dan Bresolin, Assistant Vice-President International Intermodal, CN, and Laura Dawson, Director of the Wilson Centre’s Canada Institute.
Members of the media are invited to attend sessions taking place Thursday, September 20, 2018.
8:00 a.m. Chairman’s Breakfast
- Remarks by Halifax Mayor Mike Savage
- Hosted by Hector Jacques, O.C., Chair, Halifax Port Authority
9:30 a.m. Business Session
Business Session Speaker:
- Dan Bresolin, Assistant Vice-President International Intermodal, CN
Business Panel Discussion:
Digital transformation of the supply chain, and how the local tech sector is preparing for new opportunities
- Michael J. White – CEO & Head of TradeLens, Maersk GTD Inc.
- Michael Foster – Senior Vice-President and Chief Information and Technology Officer, CN
- Bhavna Sethi, Associate Partner, Blockchain and Cloud Innovations, IBM
- Matt Hebb, Interim CEO, Canada’s Ocean Supercluster
- Moderated by Kevin McCann, Partner, NATIONAL Public Relations
12:00 Keynote Luncheon
- Laura Dawson – Director of the Wilson Centre’s Canada Institute
- Special presentation – Zim Canada
- Cunard Centre, 961 Marginal Road, Halifax (Keynote breakfast and business sessions)
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, 1055 Marginal Road, Halifax (Keynote luncheon)
Port Days 2018 is a conference for international shipping, transportation and supply chain professionals. Each year, the annual event attracts hundreds of representatives from all facets of the shipping and transportation industry. Port Days 2018 is an opportunity for business owners and leaders to learn more about growth opportunities through the Port of Halifax. For the very latest, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/portofhalifax #hfxportdays.
Halifax Port Authority
Ph. (902) 426-7375