April 29, 2016, Halifax, Nova Scotia – The 2016 Halifax cruise season will officially start April 30 at 9 a.m. with the arrival of the Veendam, a Holland America Line vessel, at the Port of Halifax.
With 135 vessels carrying approximately 240-thousand cruise guests expected during the 2016 season, the Port of Halifax is preparing for another busy year.
2016 highlights include:
• Eleven inaugural calls. (Note – the number of inaugural calls has been updated)
• Over 30 potential shore power connections.
• Four visits from the Queen Mary 2 during the 2016 season. Her first call will be July 3, 2016. (Note – the number of visits has been updated)
• Three visits from Disney Magic. Her first call will be September 26, 2016.
• September 15, 2016 is expected to be the busiest passenger day with over 9000 passengers plus crew expected.
• October 7, 2016 is the only scheduled five-ship day.
A complete vessel posting can be found at the Cruise Halifax website at http://cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/cruise-schedule/.
Halifax Port Authority