The Halifax Port Authority (HPA) is committed to providing a working environment conducive to professional growth and personal goal achievement for all its employees. We currently employ over 60 employees in the areas of:
- Business Development
- Real Estate
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
Positions with the HPA will be posted in this section of the site as they become available. In addition, you may forward your resume to Halifax Port Authority Human Resources, where it will be maintained on our database for six months. When responding to specific opportunities, unless otherwise specified, please send all correspondence to:
Halifax Port Authority
P.O. Box 336
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Fax: (902) 426-7335
The Port of Halifax is about making connections between people, commerce and opportunity. We take a leadership role in developing business for the Port of Halifax in collaboration with our partners and we responsibly manage Port of Halifax assets.
The Port of Halifax is Canada’s Ultra Atlantic Gateway, connecting to more than 150 countries and generating over $1.7 billion in annual economic benefit from a diverse cargo and cruise business. Offering a natural, deep harbour and world-class infrastructure, Halifax can accommodate large volumes of containerized cargo, bulk cargo and project cargo of any size. Collaborating and working with strong partners and stakeholders, the Port community in Halifax continues to deliver excellence.
At this time, the Halifax Port Authority requires a
Business Assessor Intern, Planning (6-month term)
Under the Planning & Operations Department, the Business Assessor Intern, Planning will assist with Port Master Planning at the Halifax Port Authority. The Port Masterplan guides and directs the future development of the Port while taking into consideration conceptual/strategic aspects. The Planning process ensures that technical, environmental and financial feasibility of Port infrastructure and assets creates value for the customers, partners, visitors and community; safely and sustainably.
Reporting to the Director, Port Planning, the Business Assessor Intern, Planning will be responsible for researching, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting information and data related to Port operations and development. Work responsibilities will be focused on internal project management, research report writing and quality project outcomes. This position will play an integral role in delivering strategic insights by analyzing information and data, providing valid observations and recommendations, by delivering the quality outcomes and reports.
The position requires a highly analytical and detail-oriented person with a passion for research and a customer focused business acumen. The successful candidate must be a team player and possess critical thinking skills. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of different business scenarios using best practices and provide business cases.
- Participating in information and data research in close cooperation with team
- Conducting in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods
- Coordinates survey projects in collaboration with the team, including validating the questionnaire, coordinating field deployment, follow-up and validation of the pre-test, daily project monitoring, qualitative project follow-up.
- Supports the team by providing timely and accurate information for effective project management work plans and ongoing communication updates with stakeholders;presents findings of analysis to the Planning Team
- Develops and designs project management tools, data collection frameworks, and research methodologies
- Analyses studies, reports, survey results and writes reports that present results and strategic recommendations
- Writes, edits, and formats report content, and develops progress reporting tools
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s or Postgraduate Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, or Economics. Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook as well as exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities is essential. Proficiency using the web, private, and public database as a resource for finding information is required.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity, forward a résumé by e-mail in confidence by to:
Human Resources Administrator
Halifax Port Authority
We thank all applicants and ensure that all inquiries will be treated confidentially; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels. The Halifax Port Authority welcomes applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women, in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the above groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your covering letter, or on your resumé.