The Port of Halifax is about making connections between people, commerce and opportunity. We take a leadership role in developing business for the Port of Halifax in collaboration with our partners and we responsibly manage Port of Halifax assets. The Halifax Port Authority (HPA) makes connections happen that attract and retain cargo and cruise activity to the Port of Halifax which delivers economic benefits to the local community, region and country.
- $2.45 billion – direct Nova Scotia economic output of Port of Halifax’s operations and Nova Scotia exporters
- 13,600 jobs – employment generated by Port of Halifax operations and Nova Scotia exporters
The world’s largest shipping lines call on the Port of Halifax, connecting the port to more than 150 countries. The beautiful Halifax Seaport is a premier arts and cultural destination for tourists and locals alike. Collaborating and working with strong partners and stakeholders, the Port community continues to deliver excellent service.
- Serving the world’s leading shipping lines
- Reliable and efficient service
- On-dock, direct-to-rail discharge
- Deepest berths on the East Coast of North America
- Temperature-controlled warehousing
- Terminals that service containerized, bulk, breakbulk, RO/RO and project cargo
- The Halifax Port Authority has invested significantly over the years in infrastructure, we have modern infrastructure, using the latest technology and world class security
- The Halifax Port Authority has invested over $100 million, and $250 million of private sector port-related money has been invested at the Port of Halifax
- Technology to improve security and container terminal efficiencies
- Development of Halifax Seaport along piers 20 to 23, allowing cruise growth and a new waterfront destination for residents and visitors to enjoy.